CTC-RI’s September Clinical Strategy Committee meeting provided an engaging presentation and discussion around Primary Care Capitation. The meeting focused on the challenges and strategies for adopting primary care capitation across a larger portion of patients while also learning about how systems of care have positioned themselves for primary care capitation in global risk contracts.
Pano Yeracaris, MD, MPH reviewed CTC-RI's past capitation work followed by the panel discussion. Peter Hollman, MD, Brown Medicine, Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine / CTC-RI Board President served as moderator. Panelists included:
- Cory King, MPP, Chief of Staff, RI Office of the Health Insurance Commissioner
- Ana Tuya-Fulton, MD, MBA, FACP, AGSF, Chief Population Health Officer & Executive Chief of Geriatrics & Palliative Care, Care New England / Chief Medical Officer, Integra Community Care
- Marty Kerzer, DO, Prospect Medical
- Hugo Yamada, MD, CharterCare Medical Associates, Lincoln
- Andrea Galgay, MBA, Chief Operating Officer, RIPCPC
- Matt Collins, MD, MBA, Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, BCBSRI
Panelists talked about barriers to capitated primary care payment (CPCP), ongoing transformation, required support, and brainstormed how CTC-RI could provide support in moving more organizations toward CPCP.
To view the recording, find additional resources, and claim CME credit, check out our page on CME Coursework.