Diana Mercurio from RIPCPC and Jessica Ryan from Thundermist presented on improving care of people with diabetes through team-based care at the September Best Practices in Team-Based Care meeting (formerly known as Nurse Care Manager/Care Coordinator Best Practice Meeting). Both organizations participated in a CTC-RI pharmacy quality improvement project and focused their efforts on decreasing diabetes-related emergency department and inpatient utilization. Although each team approached the project differently, both teams highlighted the need for improved team collaboration. Together with their team members, they provided examples demonstrating how they improved care for patients with diabetes through this team collaboration.
Join CTC-RI for Best Practices in: Improving Hypertension Patient Care: a Team-Based Approach presented by:
- Ambra Dailey, PCMH Care Coordinator, Women's Medicine Collaborative
- Safiya Naidjate, PharmD, BCACP, CDCES, Women's Medicine Collaborative
- Jennifer Nappi, RN, MS, CDOE, Women's Medicine Collaborative
- Iris Tong, MD, Women's Medicine Collaborative
The objectives for this learning session are:
- Apply evidence-based hypertension guideline recommendations to determine appropriate blood pressure goal based on patient-specific factors
- Differentiate between key roles involved in hypertension management in primary care
- Describe a team-based workflow to support hypertension management applicable to your practice
CEU credits will be available for those attending. The AAFP is reviewing ‘Advancing Comprehensive Primary Care Through Improving Care Delivery Design and Community Health,’ and deemed it acceptable for AAFP credit. Term of approval is from 03/18/2022 to 03/18/2023. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. NPs and RNs can also receive credit through AAFP’s partnership with the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB).
Save the Date: November 15 - “Best Practices in Lead Screening” 8:00-9:00am.